May 29, 2010

Everett's First Birthday


I can't even start believe that it has already been a whole year since my sweet little boy joined our family. I LOVE THIS BABY!! He is the sweetest, kindest, cuddliest little boy I have ever known. Truth be told, he is a BIG mama's boy- but it's nice to be needed +.

I had a really fun time planning Everett's first little birthday party. I had a great picture in my mind on what it would look like, decorations, activity stations... my backyard was going to be AWESOME. But then Utah weather happened, and we had to move everything inside. {despite the gloomy, cold weather, the kids still played outside and had a good time}.

I decided with a BUG themed party - mostly because I wanted to make a dirt cake for Everett {to satisfy his LOVE for eating REAL dirt}. We made little antennas and wings for the kids, and I took their pictures in-front of a leafy background, had "BUG JUICE", played find {or catch- for the little tikes} the bugs, and had some 'earthy' treats like cake mushrooms.

Plus, I found the PERFECT party favor for everyone. I was desperately trying to find them { I had seen them as a kid, but no where since} and FINALLY on EBAY I lucked out. I love them!

All in all, I think it turned out nice, Everett was pretty darn good - if he was away from me- the kids had fun, and we had some delicious carne asada!! yum yum!

Thanks to everyone who came! It was really great! It really means so much to us that you like to celebrate our little milestones with us.

AND THANK YOU MOM {dad, and orion} for coming up from sunny California to spend with Bobo
 on his Bday!
He's pictured above finally enjoying some of his birthday cupcakes with his new dapper hair-do. (CLICK THE LINK TO SEE THAT POST)

No comments: