May 17, 2013

Home.



It's true.

We are moving back home to California.

Hooray?

I have had several people come up to me and ask me if this is really true. And it is.

Kurt and I have been praying and discussing what would be best for our family, our marriage, careers, schools, our happiness and our lives. Though moving home will not solve all of our concerns, we feel that it is definitely a step in the right direction.

Now I know you are thinking, "Alex you must be so stoked to move back home!!!".. well, I am.. and then again, I'm not.

I never would consider myself thinking about not leaving Utah because of my ward. As far as I was concerned a {church} ward, is just that, a ward, same everywhere. No big deal, we'll move somewhere, get called to primary again (AAAHHH!!) and then, just see everybody on Sunday, and not really any other time.

Then we moved here. To Lehi, in the Sunset Second ward.  Let me tell you, I have never in my 27 years of church have I felt so loved, connected, accepted, and just genuinely feel like I am apart of something.

I know I usually speak in hyperbole, but I do not exaggerate when I say that this ward has been filled with the most amazing people I have ever met. I am a tad cynical, almost to a fault, and I know that I am not a generally open person. It takes quite a bit for me to let you deep in my life, but once you are there, you will be there forever in my heart.

And this is how I feel about my Sunset Second ward. They will always be in my heart.

I wanted to write about this in my blog so that I can remember these wonderful people forever.

I have always hated Relief Society. To be honest. I always thought it was for old ladies that liked to quilt and gossip. But, a little while after moving here, and having a primary calling (the same I have had since Kurt and I were married), I asked our bishop if I could have a break and start going to Relief Society. I didn't really know what to expect. At first I was just grateful to get out of Sunbeams and CTR 4 and 5's. But then, thanks to our amazing Relief Society leaders and the  inspiring women in RS, I have grown to love it. Never have I met such honest women. They are sincere, genuine, and extremely charitable. I look up to so many of them, and hope that I can be the type of mother and woman that they have come to be.

Ok ok.. enough about my ward {really, it can never be enough}.

My neighbors.

They have been truly wonderful friends. I will love the Stouts forever. They have let me come over and cry, talk, enjoy popsicles in the driveway, make jewelry, gripe about the smell of animals and the strange noises we hear {the goats that sound like babies crying}, and they have amazing children. Their oldest daughter is our babysitter. She is simply the best, and my kids LOVE her.

It will be hard to leave.

So, this is not exactly what I wanted to write about in this post about moving. I had something very light hearted and silly in my mind when I sat down to the computer. I guess it's not what needed to be said.

As for the rest of Utah, you can keep your weird and horrible weather, stinky produce, sickness, and crazy car wrecks.

I am headed home.

I love California. I was born there, I grew up there, and I just simply love it. It is home. I have close friends there that I miss terribly. The kids have their grandparents. The beach, the food, the weather, the sand, the humidity, home. Home.

I will NEVER leave you again.




LASTLY, let me answer your questions: 

1. We are moving end of June, I will be home a week earlier to take care of school stuff for Reese.
2. Kurt is transferring down to the SD North County area, where our parents live.
3. We are staying with Kurt's parents until we can find another home.
4. We are renting out our home here in Utah, so if you know anyone who is looking, let us know.
5. Kids are very excited to move home and go to the beach and live next to grandparents. They can leave the snow, they don't like it. 







1 comment:

Missy said...

Congrats on your new adventure. I will miss you guys but, I'm so happy for you to be able to be where you love. Send me a pic from the beach! Best of luck and lots of love! XOXOX

P.S. I am so glad that your ward was so rad.