May 10, 2015

A letter to my children



As I sit here and look at the wonderful letters and necklaces you've made me, I can't help but be in continuous awe at the fact that I am your mother. Every day is a continuous blessing of unstinting hard work and a privilege to be a part of this holy calling.

 There are many kinds of love, a general love for mankind, a love for a friend, a love for a spouse, and a love for your own children. Each with their own unique qualities and purpose, the love for you, my children, came with no reservation or apprehension. The minute I saw your faces it was instant, unequivocal love. You gave my life meaning, purpose, and complete and utter fear of failing you.

I know that I am not the perfect mother, but know that I will continuously strive to be the absolute best for you. I will always show you and tell you how much I love you, I will be your strength when you're failing, your guidance when lost, and your friend for those times when you may feel alone. There have seldom been better feelings in my life then when I am able to make you smile after a sad moment. Your laughter is a wonderful sound and it fills my heart completely.

No matter what our future brings I want you to know that you are loved, not only by your earthly parents, but by your Heavenly Father as well. You each have a divine heritage and purpose. "You are elect, you are of noble birth", never let anyone tell you or make you feel otherwise. There may be times when people closest to you may hurt you, say awful things, or try to belittle your individual worth - don't let them affect you. If you carry the knowledge of your divine lineage you will always know that you are important and continuously, and unconditionally, loved.

I know today is usually a day to put mom on a pedestal - but I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. Thank you for allowing me to be your mother, whether it was a methodical divine choice or I won a rock-paper-scissors match in the pre-existence, no matter. I love all three of you, thank you.


"You is smart, You is kind, You is important"

 Love,
    Mom

No comments: