May 15, 2008

Comic Book Hero




Though I have never really enjoyed comic books or the characters there-in, I have been fascinated by the artwork. Thousands of dots that created shadow and detail seemed endlessly time consuming and eventually irritating. A popular American artist captured this comic book look, with out the comic book. Learning about him wasn't by any means fascinating, but his artwork (described as Industrial Art) was. It gave a little more edge than classic art, and a little less crazy then modern. A perfect harmony for me. The picture of Reese is just an experiment of my Lichtenstein-esque ode to the artist - to his work at least. Eventually I hope to get better at this stuff, but for now this will do. It took me forever and as you can see, it's close to 2am......way way past my bedtime!






No comments: